Out Takes From Hollywood's Greatest Musicals
ORIGINAL STUDIO ARCHIVE RECORDINGS
NEVER BEFORE RELEASED!
All of these performances were previously unreleased, having been deleted from & never appearing in the Hollywood Musicals they were originally intended for. This is a Judy Garland Collector's dream, as most of the performances are by Judy Garland, including the hard-to-find "D'Ye Love Me?", which was deleted from the movie "Til The Clouds Roll By". Also included is the rare June Havoc pre-recording of "I've Gotta Have You" (music by Harry Warren, lyrics by Mack Gordon), sung by June Havoc, was deleted from the movie "Hello Frisco, Hello".
Executive produced by Hugh Fordin, author of the massive 1974 book about the Arthur Freed Unit at MGM entitled "The World Of Entertainment! Hollywood's Greatest Musicals: The Freed Unit Of MGM". It's amazing in its detail and is considered the "Bible" by fans of MGM Musicals.
Tracks: Side One
(1) "We Must Have Music" (from 1941 MGM film, ZIEGFELD GIRL) - Judy Garland & Tony Martin
(2) "Easy To Love" (from 1942 MGM film, LIFE BEGINS FOR ANDY HARDY) - Judy Garland
(3) Think Twice (from 1938 20th Century-Fox film, SALLY, IRENE & MARY) - Alice Faye
(4) "Salome" (from 1942 MGM film, PANAMA HATTIE) - Ann Sothern
(5) "I'll Be Marching To A Love Song" (from 1942 20th Century-Fox film, FOOTLIGHT SERENADE) - Betty Grable
(6) "I Gotta Have You" (from 1943 20th Century-Fox film, HELLO FRISCO, HELLO) - June Havoc
(7) "An Easier Way" (from 1947 MGM film, GOOD NEWS) - June Allyson & Pat Marshall
(8) "Way Out West" (from 1948 MGM film, WORDS & MUSIC - originally from BABES IN ARMS) - Betty Garrett
(9) "Got A Bran' New Suit" (from 1953 MGM film, THE BAND WAGON - originally from AT HOME ABROAD) - Nanette Fabray & Fred Astaire
(10) "You Have Everything" (from 1953 MGM film, THE BAND WAGON - originally from BETWEEN THE DEVIL) - Fred Astaire & Cyd Charisse
(1) "Mr. Monotony" (from 1948 MGM film, EASTER PARADE) - Judy Garland
(2) "D'Ye Love Me?" (from 1946 MGM film, TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY - originally from SUNNY) - Judy Garland
(3) "Hayride" (from 1945 MGM film, THE HARVEY GIRLS) - Judy Garland & Ray Bolger
(4) "My Intuition" (from 1945 MGM film, THE HARVEY GIRLS) - Judy Garland & John Hodiak
(5) "March Of The Doagies" (from 1945 MGM film, THE HARVEY GIRLS) - Judy Garland
(6) "Voodoo" (from 1948 MGM film, THE PIRATE) - Judy Garland
(7) "I'll Plant My Own Tree" (from 1968 20th Century-Fox film, VALLEY OF THE DOLLS) - Judy Garland
(8) "Is It A Crime?" (from stage & 1960 MGM film, BELLS ARE RINGING) - Judy Holliday
(9) "Who Is There Among Us Who Knows?" (from 1971 Paramount film, ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER) - Jack Nicholson & Barbra Streisand
(10) "You Are My Lucky Star" (from 1952 MGM film, SINGIN' IN THE RAIN - originally from film, BROADWAY MELODY OF 1936) - Debbie Reynolds
From the back of the album: *Cut!
*cut (kut), (in motion pictures) to edit film by editing unwanted footage. That remaining "unwanted footage" is referred to as an out take.
This 1976 Mono LP appears on Out Take Records (OTF-1), distributed by DRG Records. The record jacket is in Mint condition, still in the shrink wrap, although opened. The vinyl appears in overall beautiful unplayed MINT condition!
HOME PAGE | ORDERING | CLOSE WINDOW